Women's participation in political and democratic processes, particularly dealing with conflicts
Dr Anje WIERSINGA
International Alliance of Women (IAW) –
POBox 614 - Zeist (Netherlands)
+31 306958078 / +31 306032311
The group of experts intends to work on
- a follow up of the Declaration of the INGO Conference on leveraging women’s equal participation during and after conflicts and resolutions from the onset.
- a follow up of the letter written by the IAW to PACE on Women’s participation in reconciliation and political dialogue dated 7th April 2011. (below)
- a follow up and monitoring of the implementation of all good resolutions and recommendations mentioned in that letter.
- Recommendations to other pillars of the Council of Europe to be adopted by the INGO Conference in January 2012.
- Resolution to be adopted by the INGO Conference, in support of NGO’s in countries concerned in January 2012
Agenda / Calendrier
October 2011 : recommendation for reports at present under discussion at PACE
January 2012 : resolution and recommendation to be adopted by the INGO Conference
After January 2012 : to be discussed with the other members of the taskforce and depending on international developments.