Gender perspectives in political and democratic processes, particularly dealing with conflicts
Dr Anje WIERSINGA
International Alliance of Women (IAW)
POBox 614 - Zeist (Netherlands)
+31 306958078 / +31 306032311
Working language : English
- Accountability of implementation of democratic values.
- Equal participation of women and men, including in leadership positions, essential for real democracy.
- Conflict prevention, resolution and statebuilding
- Implementation by Governments of Treaties, Conventions and adopted Policies and Resolutions
- Follow up of implementation of Adopted Resolutions and Recommendations by PACE, INGO Conf.
- Gender mainstreaming in all policies and measures (main objective of the CoE Gender Equality Strategy)
- Following the work of other pillars of CoE, offering our expertise to include in their work
- Making the 2012 publication on Wishes, Demands and Priorities of National Women’s Organisations in the MENA Region up to date in cooperation with Euro-Med Network of N-S Centre.
- Cooperating with the Euro-Med Women’s Network of the N-S Centre
- Following and Cooperating with the CoE South programme
- Inclusion of genderperspectives in the work of the INGO Conference, in Pace Reports, in Resolutions and Recommendations, particularly in the field of democracy
- Updated Publication and Support of NGO’s of that region
Till objectives are met